Farmhouse from the 16th century with views of Alto Ampurdán
Historic Farmhouse of 4000 m2 of well-preserved construction with 44ha of forest land. Located just 24 km from the beaches of l’Escala on the Costa Brava.
The 3 construction floors are divided into:
-The main floor consists of:
- 1 Chapel.
- 2 medieval towers.
- 2 living rooms with fireplace.
- 2 master bedrooms “suite” with private bathroom.
- 4 bedrooms.
- 2 bathrooms.
- 1 building with security.
- 1 Very spacious glazed room with views of the river and the Alto Ampurdán region.
- Large stable for horses and animals
- Large cellar to store wine
A little history of:
It is known lineage, its antiquity is evident in the tradition according to which St. Bonaventura lodged in this house, an image of the Saint, near the old main staircase, testifies to it. Emperor Charles V awarded Bernat Vinyals a noble title on June 23, 1585. Pedro de Vinyals Veguer was Lieutenant General of the Austrian army from 1733, and the emperor granted him the title of Count in Vienna in 1723. Juan and Mateo de Vinyals Ribot were qualified as knights to the Cortes of 1626.
The restoration of the house is due to Bonaventura de Vinyals de Fuente, surely advised by Rafael Masó.
In 1959 the Carmen Chapel was restored, made by José Vinyals in 1718, where we find a Baroque altar. The roof of the square tower on the south slope was modified in the early 1940s.
This historic Catalan farmhouse, considered a monument, has been modified over the years.